Bewitched by wanderlust? Before you pack your bag and head out on a trip shackled by its impetuous seduction, it is not always a bad idea to look into the local conventions of a state. Be it restrictions on your waistline or a ban on ‘noisy footwear’ countries all over the world have their own set of ludicrous laws which deserve a delightful chuckle. Here are a handful of preposterous laws from around the world that one should know:
1. It is illegal to flush a toilet after 10pm in Switzerland.
Say no to diarrhea if you need a fresh night.
2. It is forbidden to be fat in Japan.
In 2009, a maximum waistline limit was set, that is, every man aged over 40 must not have a waistline over 31’’ and women cannot measure over 35’’.
Sounds unusual coming from a country that gave us the gift of sumo wrestling.
3. In Bangladesh, children above 15 can be sent to jail for cheating on their final exams.
It’s time you start respecting your country for letting you cheat on those countless assessments.
4. Riding an ugly horse is off-limits in Wilbur, Washington.
Now isn’t this discriminating?
5. It is illegal to buy the services of a prostitute in Sweden.
Although prostitution is not illegal, buying their services is. Which means, the prostitutes would not be breaking the law if you are found in their realm.
6. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to tie a dollar bill to a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
They just killed childhood.
7. There is a law in Hong Kong that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating. However, she must kill him with her bare hands.
They (men) asked for it.
8. In Iran, it is legal to have sex with domesticated animals.
A paradise to suit all your foreveralone needs.
9. In Massachusetts it is illegal for a woman to be on top during sex.
And hence putting an end to all your cow-girl glories.
10. In Iowa, it is illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman in public.
What’s a man without his ‘tash?
11. In Arkansas there still exists a law that states a husband is allowed to beat his wife, but only once a month.
Where are all the feminists?
12. In Capri, Italy, there is a ban on ‘noisy footwear’.
You better get your shoe fixed if you want a recreational vacation here.
13. Men can’t wear strapless gowns in public in Melbourne, Australia.
And yes, that’s a law.