Everyone is aware of badass people in this world doing great with their life and providing for their surroundings. People who don’t believe in material gains, but serving others, increasing prosperity around themselves and working for the benefit of their country.
You already know about famous international personalities,but, one person form your own country you must know about is our current Defense Minister, Manohar Parrikar (born December 13, 1955, Mapusa, Goa) who was also the former CM of Goa.
Some badass reasons, as to why you should know about Manohar Parrikar, our defense minister are
- He is the first Chief Minister of an Indian state to be an IITian. He has his list of academic achievements and a clean image as a leader.
- Goa is the only state where petrol costs less than diesel. Under his administration, the VAT was slashed down to 0.1% as a part of the party’s poll manifesto, which reduced the petrol price by a whopping Rs.15 per litre.
- Every girl child on the completion of 18 years, gets Rs.1 Lac deposited automatically into her bank account.
- In his home state in Goa, he has converted his official CM’s house as an office while living in his home house.
- He was instrumental in initiating various social upliftment schemes like Dayanand Samajik Suraksha Yojana , which provides financial assistance to senior citizens, the Cyberage Scheme which provides computers to students thus ushering in a tech-ready student community, CM Rojgar Yojana, etc.
- He prefers to travel via regular airlines instead of chartered flights and uses Economy class because he does not believe in spending public money in travel and security.
- As a measure to combat Price Rise, an amount of Rs.1000/- is directly credited in the bank account of housewives.
- He is credited with single-handedly bringing the IFFI (International Film Festival of India) to Goa, and creating more international quality infrastructure in Goa for the event in a short time than any other former government.
- Last but not the least, he has been awarded the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year Award in the politics category in 2012.
Now, these are the kind if individuals we need in our society, developmentally motivated and believing in actions more than words.