Well, Google’s latest flagship is out and so is the latest version of its mobile operating system. Here is how you can root your spanky new Nexus 6 running the sweetest flavor of Android yet.
Renowned developer Chainfire has released his famous CF-Auto-Root script for the device that can root your nexus in pretty much no time.
NOTE: This will void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk. CryBytes will not be responsible for any mishappenings during the process.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root zip file for the Nexus 6 from here.
- Backup your Nexus 6.
Time for Action:
1) Download the CF-Auto-Root zip file and extract the contents.
2) Power off your Nexus 6, and boot the device into bootloader mode. To do so, hold down the Volume Down button and the Power button.
3) Once you see the “Restart bootloader” message on the phone, let go of the keys and tap “Restart bootloader” to enter bootloader mode.
4) Plug in the Nexus 6 to the PC or Mac and navigate to the location of the extracted contents.
5) To run the automated root script-
Simply run the “root-windows.bat” file.
Open Terminal, navigate to the location of the extracted contents using Terminal and enter the following command on your Mac and Linux computer respectively:
6) Wait for a prompt on the computer to unlock the bootloader if it’s still locked, so go ahead and hit the Enter / Return key even if you’re unlocked.
Let the script run, and in a few seconds you should see it running on your Nexus 6 telling you that the device is being rooted. Once the script has done its part, your Nexus 6 should reboot automatically. The rooting procedure should only take a couple of minutes at most.
Ran into some troubles with the process? Ask us your queries in the comments section: