- News, weather, and information: Hear up-to-the-minute weather and news from a variety of sources, including local radio stations, NPR, and ESPN from TuneIn.
- Music: Listen to your Amazon Music Library, Prime Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Alarms, timers, and lists: Stay on time and organized with voice-controlled alarms, timers, shopping and to-do lists.
- Questions and answers: Get information from Wikipedia, definitions, answers to common questions, and more.
- More coming soon: Echo automatically updates through the cloud with new services and features.
Despite the sad demise of Amazon's Fire Phone, the e-commerce giant is not stepping back. They have lifted the wraps off a new portable speaker, dubbed as Echo, which also surprsingly serves as your own Siri like personal assistant. According to Amazon, the new speaker has an in built voice assistant curiously name as Alexa, which can even listen to your commands while playing your favorite tunes at full blast. The USP, the price. For $199, this really is a steal. Whats more, Echo is availible to Prime members for a special discounted price of $99. Though, the product is slated for pre-orders, Amazon says it will be shipped in the coming weeks. Well, I do want to try barking commands at her with Pink Floyd brightening up the background. This is acheived as there is is an array of seven microphones tucked under Echo's light ring. These sensors use beam-forming technology to hear you from any direction. With enhanced noise cancellation, Echo can hear you ask a question even while it's playing music. The digital assistant is quite smart as well. Echo's brain is in the cloud, running on Amazon Web Services so it continually learns and adds more functionality over time. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. As stated on Amazon's official webpage, here are some of the awesome features. Just say the wake word, "Alexa," for: