Swine Flu is back and one must know all the symptoms before jumping to any conclusion. Suppose, you develop a fever, cough or any other symptoms of the flu, there is no need to panic. Analyze yourself. It is not possible to know whether you have contracted the disease until and unless a specialized testing is done.
Swine flu or H1N1 flu are similar to most influenza infections. They can include – fever, cough, headache, sore throat, fatigue, body aches, diarrhoea, vomiting, difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath. Small children may refuse to take feeds.
The best thing you could do if you have swine flu are:-
1. Avoid contact with other people for a week after the symptoms develop or till the symptoms go away, as this might affect them too.
2. Do not go to work or school in order to not to spread the symptoms.
3. Do not travel.
4. Make sure that you cover your coughs/sneezes using a tissue, mask could be useful too.
5. Wash your hands often to avoid spreading the virus
6. Visit the nearest health care centre to access medical care if required
7. People at higher risk for complications of the flu should talk to their doctor immediately as soon as the symptoms arise.
It is highly recommended if you have any symptoms regarding Swine Flu, do not forget to get a checkup as soon as possible.