As a child of this generation, you spend almost 60% or more of your time surfing the internet.
The usual occurrence of being involved in this activity is that you forget to keep track of time and it flies away with you not being able to achieve anything fruitful while scrolling through those various tabs and unfortunately, this becomes a process.
When we discuss internet, it starts mostly from social media sites and then hopefully progresses to something more educative or valuable. And for us, what catches our eye and stays in our mind is not just anything flashy but something that promises efficacious content and is visually satisfying for us.Which directly points us to our beloved video streaming channel, “YouTube”.
Hence, I present to you, 5 of the most thought-provoking YouTube channels where you can waste your time guilt free, learning something interesting and substantial. –
- Ted (Ed) – TED-Ed’s commitment to creating lessons worth sharing is an extension of TED’s mission of spreading great ideas. Within TED-Ed’s growing library of lessons, you will find carefully curated educational videos, many of which represent collaborations between talented educators and animators nominated through the TED-Ed platform.
- Shots of Awe – Jason Silva (the host of Brain Games-National Geographic Channel) will certainly blow your mind! Jason started a YouTube channel on the Discovery Digital Networks TestTube Network called “Shots of Awe”. The weekly episodes are micro-documentaries exploring creativity, innovation, exponential technology, futurism, metaphysics, existentialism and the human condition. It is a blend of philosophy and art and has been massively popular to the younger generation.
- The New Boston – For all you coding geeks, I’m pretty sure you are already aware of this. You will learn more by watching Bucky Roberts teach you stuff than by spending time anywhere else. From Photoshop to Python to C++ to Java to Adobe Effects – you name it!
- How To Start a Startup – Everything about how to start a startup, for free, from some of the world experts. The series of lectures offer close to 1,000 minutes of content if you watch it all. With interactive and gainful content provided, it will definitely affect the entrepreneur in you.
- The Next Web – One of the best sources for technology and business related news. They have quite an active YouTube channel as well which is worth checking out. They are a technology focused media company and are always updated with latest, detailed news for the same.
Do give them a look, you will not be disappointed.